Scam Remapping The Hidden Cost Of £100 Remaps
SPOT The Difference between the two tools shown above
There is a big difference between the two tools and most importantly the people that use them.
They are both tools that allow communication between a laptop and ecu via the vehicles OBD port (diagnostic port) but that is where the similarity ends.
How can you tell if your tuner is using genuine tools and why is it important to you
View the images below and you will see there is a considerable price difference between the Clone Tool and the Genuine Tool, read on and we will explain why this is important to you.
TOOL 1 - CLONED
Tool 1 is a Clone often purchased from online sites like eBay - see image below which indicates the typical purchase price for the tool, as you can see in this example the cost would be £78.96
So How Can I Spot A Clone User and Why Is It Important To Me
If it sounds too good to be true!!
The most obvious give away is the price they advertise remaps at, typically £100-£150 and in many cases claim to be the UK's leading remapping company despite the fact they have cloned tools and zero expertise.
They get business purely because they trap the unwary with false promises and what appears to be a bargain price.
It's Easy To Get Taken In and Ripped Off
Without industry knowledge, you could be forgiven for thinking you had dropped on a real bargain price because it is substantially lower than most professional tuners.
The reality is that get rich quick amateurs, use low prices to lure the unsuspecting victims.
Why are they so much cheaper than professional tuners
1. Use cloned tools which can lead to ECU failure.
2. Using cloned tools means almost zero investment and no experience.
3. No reputation to protect, so if there is a problem you're on your own.
4. They are not actually running a real business with associated costs and accountability.
5. Would you use someone claiming to be a doctor just because they bought a doctors outfit from eBay?
6. In the same way, as they use cloned tools, they will also use the cheapest tuning files they can buy typically from sites like eBay (this is potentially very dangerous mechanically for your vehicle)
7. FAKE Tuning some will "pretend" to tune your car and still take your money (this is far more common than you might think)
8. At best you will get a poor quality tune that doesn't match the promises you were given, at worse your car won't even run.
TOOL 2 - Genuine Professional
Tool 2 is a Genuine tool typically purchased from the manufacturer direct or one of their authorised resellers - see image below which indicates the typical purchase price for the tool as you can see in this example the cost would be 7000 euros
Most professional tuners will have invested £20,000 to £30,000 or more in equipment and software, not to mention training, to make sure they can offer a quality service, you can count on.
Why Using A Professional Is The Only Smart Option
1. Use genuine professional level tools
2. Professional tuners will often have invested over £20,000 to £30,000 or more in equipment and software.
3. Many years of specialist experience, support of tool manufacturers and that of the wider professional tuning community.
4. A reputation built up over many years of providing professional service and genuine results
5. If you have a problem even if it is not remap related you know a professional will be available to advise you.
6. No false promises, you get what you pay for and nothing less.
Using a Professional v An Amateur - Click Here
If you think a professional is expensive, wait until you find out the cost of dealing with an amateur.