DSG Tuning in Staffordshire
What is DSG Tuning
As with all stock systems, the DSG gearbox stock settings can be restrictive and dampen their full potential.
Our custom DSG Remap will modify these restrictions within safe mechanical tolerances by adjusting the settings to optimise power delivery for the more performance-minded driver.
Tuning your DSG will offer you a range of benefits and Improve overall performance delivery.
When tuning the engine management software, torque limiters are one of the parameters increased, to optimise the available torque, we can also reprogram the TCU (DSG ECU) “model specific” to increase the DSG torque limiter to match the engine torque output.
Shift speeds can be increased by up to 20%, reduces lag, and improves acceleration.
Main Changes with DSG Tuning
- Upshift Limits Raised
- Up/Down Shifting Improved
- Increased Torque Limits in Each Gear
- Adjusts Clamp Pressure to Deal with Extra Torque (see clamping explanation below)
- Shift Points Based on Load And Throttle Position
Benefits of DSG Tuning
- Improved Shift Times can be increased by up to 20% for smoother Gear Changes
- Improved Overall Response
- Maximum Shift Point Increased
- Gear Shift Based on Load And Throttle Position Rather Than Set Points
- Matched to Available Torque in Each Gear
Clamping Pressure and its importance
When a car engine is tuned, the increased torque will in some cases cause the DSG to slip, lose available power, and increase wear.
The standard DSG program will stop increasing clamp force once it surpasses the torque level it would not experience on a stock tune.
By upgrading the software parameters in your car's TCU (DSG ECU) we can correct this behavior and allow the transmission to continue increasing clamping pressure as torque increases.
Resulting in less slip, less wear, and allowing the use of the higher torque levels, required in a tuned car.